- This role reports directly to the Director of Customer Support & Services but will work on a day-to-day basis with the Regional Sales Director and the Area Manager. He/She will work on a day-to-day basis with the distributors team and the end-user focusing on Southern China provinces. His/her technical expertise in the field at end user level, will lead to better use/understanding of our products and increased market share for the growth of the sales of Benchmark Advanced Nutrition (BAN).
- The Technical Support will;
- Be part of the Customer Support & Service Team, assisting Area Manager China, INVE China’s sales team and the distributor to ensure their necessary training on product knowledge and production practices for them to have the best tools to successfully sell our products to the market.
- Introduce specialized products, tools & protocols and/or specialized services within Benchmark Advanced Nutrition’s portfolio to existing customers and prospects.
- Play a strategic role in helping our customers improve their performance by optimizing their use of Benchmark Advanced Nutrition products,
- Cooperate with sales channels (distributors or key-accounts) and INVE Sales Team to help execute marketing plans and strategy to reach targeted sales.
- Work collaboratively with other Benchmark Business Areas to present one company in front of customers
- Collect market intelligence and assist Area Manger to update market strategies.
- Technical support to sales
- Ensure that intelligence and data collected from customer interaction in China is used within the affiliate and within the larger organization in order to generate valuable insights into customer behaviour and needs and to help fine tune sales strategy
- Ensure that insights and knowledge are transferred efficiently and effectively to the local sales team and the distribution Network to support the sales growth
- Support local sales targets through
- identifying and qualifying new opportunities when listening to customers,
- analysing customer needs and formulating an answer to those needs of customers with the Area Sales Manager, Global Technical Experts, and other relevant BAN personnel,
- assisting Area Manger China to set up and follow up trials and demos conducted by Global Technical Experts, Product Managers, and other relevant BAN personnel
- 70% workdays in trips.
- Technical Support BAN customers:
- Establish the technical needs of the customer and suggest appropriate products
- Explain, train-on technical information to customer in a way that is easily understandable
- Compile proposals and reports related to technical issues/topics/products.
- Cooperating with Technical Support team to help end-user improving their business performance by optimizing their use of Benchmark Advanced Nutrition products, based on product knowledge and region-specific understanding.
- Ensure tailor-made technical support to identified Key Accounts based on input from Global Technical Experts and the Strategic Accounts Director.
- Strengthen distribution partners’ ability to represent our solutions by supporting them through organising trainings, workshops, etc.
- Take responsibility for a strong follow-up and after care of the concluded deal and introduce the technical support to customers when the products are delivered to contribute to customers satisfaction.
- Technical service:
- Execute technically oriented workshops, webinars, seminars, and conference speeches in China, with the support coming from Global Technical Experts and with guidelines driven by the local commercial team following the local sales strategy
- Improve BAN and BMK knowledge:
- Gather regional market intelligence (trends, competitive intelligence) and share through the right channels within the organisation.
- Provide feedback and input for product development efforts to increase the performance of BAN products in general.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven relevant and successful hands-on experience in the shrimp and fish industry, with emphasis on the hatchery segment (5 years required)
- Capability in English – excellent written and verbal communication skills. Priority if fluency.
- Demonstrable project/time management skills.
- Experience of working to KPIs and implementing/measuring goals to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience in an international commercial environment, working in a matrixed organisation.
- Good knowledge of platforms, tools and systems including MS Office, CRM.
- Excellent capability for customer communication and interaction.
- Strong capacity of problem solving
- Customer-oriented: speaking the customers’ language and being able to build solid relationships.
- Ability to see situations from market/customer perspective.
- Can-do, will-do attitude.
- Able to transfer knowledge easily.
- Strong drive to continuously improve and learn.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Team player
Reports to: the Director of Customer Support & Services and will work on a day-to-day basis with China’s Area Manager and the Regional Sales Director (China) for Benchmark Advanced Nutrition (BAN)
Location: Guangdong or Hainan
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic sector and growing company with a compatible salary package in-line with your experience. If you want to apply for this job, then please forward your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Marc De Feyter, HR Director, at HRM@inveaquaculture.com